With Father’s Day celebrations and graduation parties galore coming up in the next month, RedPlum's Mom Saver-in-Chief, Lisa Reynolds, thought she’d share some frugal and fun gift ideas!
· Personal playlist - Create a CD or iPod playlist of songs that have meaning to your dad. They can be special songs that remind him of past vacations, birthdays, sports anthems or his youth. He will love the personalized touch. The time you spent creating it will make it special to him.
· Favorite flicks - Set up a time to watch dad’s favorite childhood movie with him – he’ll love sharing a piece of his youth with his own kids, and it may become a tradition for you together. Pass the popcorn, please!
· Gadget guy - For the dad who loves technology, Save.com offers coupon codes from top retailers like Best Buy and Sears, so you won’t have to spend a fortune on gadgets that dad will love.
· Budget, budget, budget! – With graduation comes a generous gift from friends and family, including money. Encourage young graduates to learn how to prioritize and organize their finances. Introduce them to helpful budget tools such as Mint.com’s free mobile app which will help them organize their bank accounts and even send free texts for when a bill or loan is due.
· Laundry essentials – Buy an inexpensive laundry basket or tote and fill it with detergent, stain remover and rolls of quarters. The small gesture will mean a lot when it is stocked with essentials. Don’t forget to check redplum.com for coupons on all your laundry needs!
· Scrapbooking memories- Put together a scrapbooking kit to document their last four years – they can add all of their favorite photos and keep them safe in one place.
I received no compensation for this post. This post is for informational purposes. Please do your own reserach before purchasing products or using services. Your opinions and results may differ.