Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Today may be your lucky day – so hop down and win some of these giveaways!
This is the Good Luck Giveaway Hop, hosted by MamaNYC! This event will run from March 14-19th.
We have over 60+ bloggers each giving away some amazing prizes! Be sure to hop down the list when you are done with this giveaway! For my giveaway, I'd like to offer one USA resident a Nokia Lumia 710 Smartphone.
The Nokia Lumia 710 is designed to be personal and affordable. With deeply integrated social networking experience through Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, the Lumia 710 allows users to stay in touch across Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter right from the people hub.
More fun features include:
· Available in a black or white finish, with colored backs for customization, the Nokia Lumia 710 features a 3.7-inch ClearBlack WVGA scratch-resistant display (a must for those with curious children!) for outstanding outdoor viewing and a Qualcomm 1.4 GHz Snapdragon(TM) processor providing speedy access to entertainment and information on-the-go!
· It also features a 5-megapixel camera with Nokia's leading camera technology, enabling you to take pictures in almost any light condition and then share on social networks and with friends and family in under five seconds.
· The pricing of the Nokia Lumia 710 is unmatched. Starting as low as $49.99, it’s the perfect phone for moms on a budget who need to stay connected!
· The Nokia Lumia 710 features great tools like Office Notes for to-do and shopping lists, as well as apps such as Fandango, Groupon, CNNireport, and Nokia Drive.
· Great apps for moms from Sesame Workshop, exclusive for Nokia Windows Phone users – available through the Windows Marketplace.
I've never owned a Smartphone before so I can't compare the this one to any others on the market. With that being said, I feel like I have the world at my fingertips with the Nokia Lumia 710. I can access my emails and Facebook at any time, browse the Internet, play games, download apps, and so much more. The phone comes with preloaded apps and you can download more. Some of the apps already on the phone are Netflix, ESPN, and T-Movile TV. If I need direction to a location, I can get a map with directions. If that's not enough, I can have the directions spoken to me, almost like a GPS. If I don't want to type out an entire text message, there's the ability to speak what I have to say into the phone and have it translated to send. A 5-megapixel camera gives me the opportunity to take pictures when I don't have my digital camera with me. I feel like a kid in a candy store staring at all the wonderments it has to offer.
For a first-time Smartphone user, the set-up process was easy and I was able to quickly learn how to use most of the features. It's not a phone that requires extensive technological expertise. The user's manual guides you through most of the phone's capabilities, but I feel it could be a little more forthcoming with all that is available. Once you've registered your Nokia phone online, you can gain more thorough help and how-to information. The one and only feature that I've had a small frustration with is unsyncing my Facebook contacts. I don't want to have a contact list with all my Facebook friends names and numbers. Truthfully, that's a lot and I don't contact several of my Facebook friends other than online. I also wish that the phone didn't power off so soon after not using it. It seems that I set it down for just a few minutes and it's already turned off. The good thing, though, is that all I have to do is press the power button once and the area where I was at is resumed.
I haven't exactly been easy on this phone; I tend to drop it in my purse when I'm not using it. Thankfully the scratch-resistant display has weathered all that. The battery life of the phone is sufficient and I've had no qualms with service. The other day I needed a phone number for a pizza joint and was able to get the number, driving directions, and address quicker than if I would've looked in a phone book. I've had the phone for almost a month now and I'm still learning new things about it, each time happier than the last with all that I can do.
One person will win a Nokia Lumia 710 Smartphone.
*This is a Rafflecopter giveaway open to residents of the USA.*
a Rafflecopter giveaway