Wednesday Wickedness is hosted by Janera Jepson and is based on answering questions from quotes by famous people. This week's quotes are from Aretha Franklin.
1. "Trying to grow up is hurting, you know. You make mistakes. You try to learn from them, and when you don't, it hurts even more.” Do you think you always learn from your mistakes?
Not everyone learns from their mistakes and there's some I still make. However, there's a few that have had big enough of an impact on me that I know never to make them again.
2. “I might be just twenty-six, but I'm an old woman in disguise... twenty-six goin'on sixty-five.” Have you ever felt that you were either older or younger, for your age at that time?
Depends on the day. Some days I feel like I'm headed for a nursing home and others I feel like a kid at heart.
3. “I think the hardest thing is losing weight. That's the hardest thing more than anything else.” Have you had trouble losing weight?
I have no problem losing weight. It's never been lost. I know exactly where it is, sitting around my big ole' belly.
4. "Being a singer is a natural gift." Do you have any natural gifts?
Not sure if it's a gift or a short wire, but I'm quite proficient at verbally spelling words backwards on a whim. I can even say the alphabet backwards as quickly as I can the right way.
5. "I always felt rock and roll was very, very wholesome music." What the most "wholesome" rock artist that you like?
Hard one to answer right now. I'm not sure there's a lot of "wholesome" artists. Regardless, I still like their music.
6. "I sing to the realists; people who accept it like it is." Are you a realist?
I am too much of a realist.
7. "No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." Do you like to party or are you more of a homebody?
During the winter, I'm like a bear that hibernates. I don't leave home unless necessary. During the other seasons, I come out of my shell and socialize a lot more.
8. "I'm gonna make a gospel record and tell Jesus I cannot bear these burdens alone." Do you feel the need to share your burdens?
Jesus hears my burdens everyday. Along with anyone else who will listen.
9. "I'm the lady next door when I'm not on stage." Do you know the lady next door? (yes, you can pick either side.)
I don't know any of the ladies on either side of me. I don't live in a very neighborly area.
10. "I never felt inferior or less than. I was blessed to grow up in a environment where self-worth was underscored." Do you ever feel inferior?
There's times when I've been knocked down to feel that way, especially during my first marriage. However, I've grown a backbone and know my self-worth. On the flip side, I'm not superior to anyone either. I put my pants on the same as anyone else.